Civil/Environmental Project Engineer (6-10 Years)
Orlando OR Tampa, FL
Reiss Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated engineer to work on planning, design and construction projects associated with municipal water, wastewater, and reclaimed water infrastructure systems in our Orlando or Tampa office.
Exceptional benefits package and very competitive salary offered with the opportunity to work on rewarding projects alongside highly intelligent and motivated people. At Reiss, you can build, enhance and apply your skills to some of Florida’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects to advance your career.
- Performs assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Manages projects tasks with respect to scope, schedule, budget, and project staffing.
- Prepares or modifies reports, specifications, plans and construction details or designs for municipal utility water and wastewater projects.
- Originates outlines, writes, and/or supervises writing of reports.
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, and scoping for proposed projects.
- Estimates manpower needs. May coordinate the work of less experienced engineers, technical assistant drafters, and others who may assist in specific assignments.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in an applicable engineering discipline, Masters preferred (e.g., Civil or Environmental).
- 6-10 years of experience with planning, designing and permitting water/wastewater utility facilities and associated components.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including a well-developed ability to interface with present and potential clients.
- Interpersonal skills to coordinate and review the work of less experienced engineers, technicians, and others working on a project.
- Cooperative and assertive with the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Highly organized with good time management skills
Certificates and Licenses Required
Florida Professional Engineering (PE) license or ability to obtain.
When applying, please include a salary history with your résumé.